130 S Scott Ave
Thomas‑Davis Clinic Building (18/29)
Thomas‑Davis Clinic Building…130 South Scott Avenue
The Thomas‑Davis Clinic building was designed by architect Roy Place and built in 1928 by the T.C. Triplett Company. Arranged around a central patio, the building reflects Tucson’s Spanish heritage. The clinic’s founding physicians, Dr. Charles A. Thomas and Dr. S.C. Davis, were employed for many years by the Southern Pacific Railroad, as the Division Surgeon and Assistant Division Surgeon respectively. Their clinic employed six doctors and two dentists when it moved from its original location in the Roskruge Hotel to the new building on South Scott Avenue. The new clinic featured all the latest in laboratory, fluoroscopic and X‑ray equipment. An ad in the 1928 City Directory was careful to stipulate that the clinic accepted no tubercular cases.
Continue south on Scott Ave.