145 S 6th Ave
Willard Hotel – Old Pueblo Hotel and Apartments (23/29)
Willard Hotel – Old Pueblo Hotel and Apartments…145 S. 6th Avenue
Designed by architect Henry Trost, the new Willard Hotel opened its doors in 1903. From the arched porch and balcony, winter visitors could observe the busy 6th Avenue streetscape while basking in the sun or relaxing in the shade. The hotel was one of many constructed to meet the needs of Tucson’s growing tourist industry. The Willard Hotel continued to serve the needs of travelling guests until WWII when more than half its rooms were converted into apartments. During this renovation, the ornate Mission-style parapets were removed in an attempt to streamline and modernize the hotel’s exterior. Today the former hotel is home to several law firms and other offices.
Continue north on 6thAve.